Saturday, July 29, 2006

They are out there

There are times when I feel that life tends to be too much for it's own good. The infinite variables that you encounter and live with are just overwhelming at times, and I feel like I am wondering about this world deaf, blind, and dumb at times. I know I probably shelter myself too much, but it's an easy thing to do when you live in a rut with a certain comfort zone, where you know if you stick steadily to it, all will be safe. I know that's no way to live, I just need to break out and start taking chances. There are so many opportunities for love and happiness that tempt a person like me to break away from that safe little place, yet I just let them slide by. For instance, EVERYONE has a person they see around during everyday life that they are attracted to, and there is always a mutual smile, but for some reason you don't ever talk to them, and then when it's too late you always wonder "what if". Maybe that's just life tempting you, prompting you to take a course of action, like there's a bet on it out there to wait and see what you do, if you go for it or not. And who knows, if you do, you may have found "the one" then again, maybe not. Those are the times when I am walking in my rut with my head down, deaf, blind and dumb. Those are the times when I could just kick myself in the nuts. I feel like I have passed up too many of these "opportunities" that fate presents and now I am just stuck where I am with no room to move because the "rut of safety" has gotten so tight. But then again, I'm the type that doesn't think there is just "one" out there for me, given the billions of people that inhabit the Earth at any given moment, there just has to be more than one. And I know it's never too late, but how do you break the sense of safety and start climbing out of that rut when you have been in so long? This is the point in my rant where someone slaps me in the face and tells me to stop being such a coward and that it's about time to take life by the horn, I just wish it were that easy.

I guess that's that for now at least, that's my state of mind on things, an internal battle of whether to stay on first where it's safe, or to take a chance and see if I can steel second.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home